[imp] Problem with message sort by index

Pallos B. Richard richard.pallos at gmail.com
Fri May 20 05:52:30 PDT 2005

Hi,

I experienced a strange behaviour after migrating a maildir to a new server.
I have mails with IDs 1,2..225 from the old system, and I got some new
mails on the new server with IDs 226..230. The messages are sorted by
their indexes.

With descending sorting by indexes I got message indexes 230, 229, ...
1 as expected.
But if I change the direction, I get: 225, 224.. 3, 2, 1, 226, 227..
230 (from top to bottom).

The migration was just a "cp" for the Maildir/cur directory. I used
Courier-IMAP 1.4.3-2.5 on the old server (Debian woody) and the new
one is of version 3.0.8-4 (sarge).
If I do a telnet to the IMAP server, the indexes are the same as seen
in the IMP.

Tried IMP4 (with H3), IMP3 (with H2), did not make any sense.
Any ideas?

Regards,
Richie