[imp] Horde Folder problem

Sun Advocate Webmaster webmaster at sunad.com
Fri May 20 09:58:25 PDT 2005

I'm having an interesting folder problem. I'm not exactly sure what is
causing it. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

I have attached two small images (screenshots) with this message. If
they are not viewable, or don't make it through, there are found here as
well:
http://www.sunad.com/public/horde-before.png
http://www.sunad.com/public/horde-after.png

As you can see in the "before" shot, I have several IMAP folders in
place. These were created in Mozilla Thunderbird the first time I
connected to my IMAP account. I want Horde/IMP to use these same
folders. When I delete a message, for example, it should go into "Trash"
like deleted mail in Thunderbird does.

I have gone into my Mail (IMP) preferences and selected Trash as my
folder. However when I delete something, it creates a new folder called
"INBOX.Trash" and moves the mail in there, instead of just using "Trash"
(like in the "after" screenshot).

Is there a way around this? Is there a fix? Is my IMAP server (Cyrus)
somehow confusing Horde? I notice that when I go back into the
preferences, it isn't showing Trash as selected. Instead, it has the
creation option selected.

On a side note, I'm using MySQL to store preferences, and all other
preferences (minus folder selection options for folders like "Trash",
"Drafts" and "Sent") are working great.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, as this has driven me nuts!!!

Thank you,

Jason