[imp] Weird SQL Problem

Hammad hammad at brisksolutions.com
Mon Jun 6 12:41:50 PDT 2005

I do not see a SQL tab. I see a 'Database' tab under Administration/Setup/Horde
and everything is configured in there. I can connect to the databases also, its
just when I tried to setup 'Preference System' 'DataTree System'. I start
getting the 'DB Error: connect failed'. And if I remove the [prefs] and
[datatree] entries from horde/config/conf.php, everything starts to work
again.

I am not sure what am I missing.

--
Hammad Dasti

> I decided to test new stable versions of Horde 3.0.4/IMP 4.0.3. Things looked
> good , it connects to Mysql(4.0.21-4.4) database, IMP connects to
> Courier-IMAP
> server until I go in 'Admin'/'Setup' menu for Horde and select 'SQL'
> for Horde
> preference. Once I click on 'Generate', I start getting error messages
> Jun 02 00:49:31 HORDE [emergency] [] DB Error: connect failed:
> [nativecode=Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

You didn't configure *how* the SQL connections work (in the SQL tab).

Jan.