[imp] Horde login supposedly fails, but clicking on INBOX works fine

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Jun 7 18:14:52 PDT 2005

Are you using Firefox?  There is definitely an unrelated issue if using custom
session-handlers but I've seen similar behavior and have reports from a number
of users, that are like yours.  The commonality seems to be Firefox.  Which
isn't much help in finding a solution but...

Kevin

Quoting Sun Advocate Webmaster <webmaster at sunad.com>:

> I'm having an odd problem. On some occasions, upon logging in to horde,
> I get "login failed". What is unusual is that I see the left navigation
> pane. I can click on mail (or the INBOX inside mail), and my inbox
> appears correctly.
>
> See here:
> http://www.sunad.com/public/horde-login.png
>
> I'm not using any sessions handler (as set up in my horde config), but I
> have had PHP sessions enabled in the past. That setting doesn't seem to
> affect this issue any. It is supposed to show my inbox upon login.
>
> I checked the logs, and it says:
> Jun 07 18:48:05 HORDE [notice] [imp] 10.0.0.90 failed [on line 31 of
> "/path/to/horde/imp/login.php"]
>
> On line 31 of login.php, it says:
> Horde::logMessage($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] . ' ' . $logout_reason,
> __FILE__, __LINE__, PEAR_LOG_NOTICE);
>
> I'm not sure where to go from here. This is a major snag to our overall
> adoption of Horde, and I'm stuck!
>
> Any ideas?

Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator