[imp] Multiple email accounts?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Jun 21 09:19:55 PDT 2005

Quoting Damien McKenna <damien at mc-kenna.com>:

> Is it possible to have Imp log into multiple mailboxes simultaneously?
> Ideally I'd like to someone log into Horde and have Imp store their
> email logins so they can jump straight into email without having to log
> in again.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

Not sure what you are asking.  If you are asking if there can be one
login for both Horde and IMP then you simply need to make sure the
password for Horde and IMP is the same (i.e. use imp authentication for
Horde; make sure Horde/IMP are authenticating to the same
authentication backend; etc.).  See also the 'hordeauth' parameter in
imp/config/backends.php.

If you are asking if an IMAP/POP password (used to log in to the IMP
backend) could somehow be stored in the preference backend so it could
be recalled when logging into Horde, then the answer is most certainly
*NO*.  The last thing anyone needs to be doing is storing unencrypted
critical passwords in the preferences backend.

michael