[imp] dbmail and imp - seen vs unseen

Sebastian Schönwetter seb at open2.be
Wed Jun 22 22:46:10 PDT 2005

Dustin Lambert <dustin <at> dustinlambert.com> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm using the latest version of IMP and dbmail (via imap).  The legend is
> at the
> bottom of the Inbox screen, but there is no difference between seen and
> unseen
> messages.  I've checked this using sq. mail and there the messages are
> displayed as seen and unseen.  Any ideas to what might be causing this?
>
> Sincerely,
> Dustin

A work-around for this problem can be enabled by modifying the code in
imp/lib/mailbox.php

--- original ---

if (!$h->seen || $h->recent) {
            $flagbits |= IMP_UNSEEN;
            $msg['status'] .= Horde::img('mail_unseen.png', _("Unseen"));
            $style[] = 'b';
            $msg['bg'] = 'unseen';
        }

--- end original ---

--- new code ---

if (!$h->seen) {
           $flagbits |= IMP_UNSEEN;
           $msg['status'] .= Horde::img('mail_unseen.png', _("Unseen"));
           $style[] = 'b';
           $msg['bg'] = 'unseen';
        }

--- end new code ---

It works for me, although I am not certain it
doesn't break functionality :)