[imp] default identity

Nicolas Schmitz Nicolas.Schmitz at ec-nantes.fr
Fri Jun 24 01:16:17 PDT 2005

One of the great thing of imp : custom hook. Edit horde/config/hooks.php
and configure something like that :

 if (!function_exists('_prefs_hook_from_addr')) {
     function _prefs_hook_from_addr($user = null)
     {
     $ldapServer = 'XXX';
     $ldapPort = '389';
    $ldapUser = 'XXX';
    $ldapPass = 'XXX';
    $searchBase = 'XXX';
      $ldapconn = ldap_connect($ldapServer, $ldapPort);
     $ds = ldap_bind($ldapconn, $ldapUser, $ldapPass);
         $searchResult = ldap_search($ldapconn, $searchBase, 'uid=' .
$user);
            $information = ldap_get_entries($ldapconn, $searchResult);
            $name = $information[0]['mail'][0];
                   ldap_close($ldapconn);
       return (empty($name) ? $imp['user'] : $name);
     }
 }

then edit horde/config/prefs.php :

// user preferred email address for From: line
// If you lock this preference, you must specify a value or a hook for it in
// horde/config/hooks.php.
$_prefs['from_addr'] = array(
    'value' => '',
    'locked' => true,