[imp] Show new messages in subfolders

Klaus Uhl klaus at u-h-l.de
Mon Jun 27 10:54:50 PDT 2005

Hi,

Quoting Petr Vyhnal <vyhnal at cns-net.cz>:

> I have IMAP server with Horde/IMP as a webmail. Only thing I can't solve
> is problem with new mails in subfolders When user login he can see x new
> mails in Inbox, but he can't see if he has some new mail in another
> subfolders. I know that he can use something like check all selected
> folders in folders menu, but I want this automatically at login. Is
> there any solution?

I use the Horde "Portal Block" as login page. In the Horde
configuration you can activate the "Mail Folder Summary" which shows
how much new messages are in each mailbox which has been marked as
inbox. But I think it is the user who has to mark his folders as inbox
(IMP: Folders -> "Check Folder(s) for New Mail").

Another possibility is the "Virtual INBOX". It shows all new messages
in all folders which have been marked as inbox. But I am not sure if or
how you could make the virtual inbox the default login folder. Users
can select their default mailbox in the "Login Tasks" options but the
virtual inbox doesn't show up in the list to select from (at least in
my installation).

- Klaus

--

                 Keiner ist so verrückt, dass er nicht einen
     noch Verrückteren findet, der ihn versteht. \|/ ____ \|/