[imp] Redirect loop on IMP auth

Jaz horde at harbell.net
Wed Jun 29 13:09:02 PDT 2005

>>IMP, at authentication, is cycling the following into my Apache2 log in
>>an endless loop. This is after upgrading Apache from 1.3 to 2.0.54 and
>>PHP from 4.3 to 5.0.4 (and PEAR). I have hordeauth set to true in
>>imp/servers.php -- set to false the result is a simple IMP login failure.)
>>

>Are you sure the horde password is the same as the IMP password?

horde is uses IMP for authentication (in horde's conf.php file:
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap'; ) and IMP should use the session
(imp's servers.php file:  'hordeauth' => true, )

Nothing in my horde tree changed when I upgraded to Apache2 & PHP5. So
I'm guessing it's something to do with tighter session stuff in one or
both of the newer Apache/PHP(??) I'm thinking the fix is somewhere in
php.ini or httpd.conf.

Jaz