[imp] messages in my inbox deleted

Bill Graham grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com
Thu Jun 30 14:35:23 PDT 2005

I have had a long time problem with this same thing.It only happened to
one user. Is it fixed it, I don't know. Using
RH 7.3 UW-imap
Postfix 2.1.5
php 4.3.11 with phpa
Apache/1.3.27 I also updated PEAR modules

and a cvs version of horde, et. al. I finally recreated the mailboxes
and went through the user's options. I found that they had had
Mailboxes set up for outlook sharing ( fore instance Sent Items instead
of sent-items ) I cleaned out the mailbox structure. Made sure the
options were set correctly. Recreated mailboxes. I updated c-client.
Updated php. And I have not seen it in several months. I never received
any error messages, but I could tell the trash file had been recreated
when it occured. Now that I have said this , I am sure it will hit me
again.
I also had intermittant imap authorization failures - rare but enuf to
be a pain. I updated the xinetd parms for the imap daemon
cps                     = 80 15

Hope this at least helps some Bill

Quoting Miss Conduct <missconduct at hell-kitten.com>:

> I'm not very familiar with this kind of thing, but somehow ALL of the
> messages in my inbox were
> deleted before my eyes and I don't know why or how. Is there any way
> to get them back? They're not
> in the trash and the search function keeps timing out. Any advice?

Bill Graham
Systems Administrator
Hurley Public Schools
Hurley,SD 57036
USA
grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com

This electronic  mail sent from Hurley Public Schools - Hurley, South Dakota
http://www.hurleybulldogs.com

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error,
then delete it. Thank you.