[imp] Turba & IMP & Ldap

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Jul 1 05:48:21 PDT 2005

Quoting Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox at wavenet.at>:

>> First does it work with turba?  How have you configured the address
>> book options in imp?
>> Do you see that slapd is being accessed when you use turba and imp?
>>

> Hi Ed!
>
> I don't see any address book options in the horde configuration tool for
> imp, the addressbook
> is in the menu since I added turba.
> If I use /turba/test.php the ldap server is queried correctly, if I use
> the addressbook, nothing happens.

I would recommend that when reporting a problem give give a relevant,
detailed report of the problem with log file results, etc.  "nothing
happens" isn't really isn't very helpful for someone to take the time
to help you solve your problem.  Nothing happens - could mean that
sources.php is not configured or configured correctly or possibly that
it isn't even installed ;) I'm assuming that that in this case "nothing
happens" = "what you expect to happen doesn't".   Let's try the
following and see if we are lucky.

   1. Set display_errors = On in your php.ini and don't       forget to
restart apache. Don't forget to revert later.
   2. Check that your horde, IMP and turba versions are
compatible?  [Check on the horde site.]
   3. Please run a php -l horde/turba/config/sources.php ?
      [ I will sometimes make typos and not see them until         the
screen comes up blank ]
   4. Please compare your log/slapd.log or equivalent on your
system while using horde/turba/test.php and while actually
accessing the addressbook through turba?
           There would almost have to be differences in the logs or
   it would work.       If you can't/don't see what they are, why don't
you cut and      paste them into a reply?

Hopefully, somewhere down the line this will result in a working turba.
  good luck,

ed