[imp] Javascript Trouble for IMP4 with Internet Explorer

eugenio.vota@arpnet.it eugenio.vota at arpnet.it
Tue Jul 5 03:19:21 PDT 2005

>>when I click reply link (also for  reply-all , forward , new-mail)
>>in the message.php page ( the "Compose messages in a separate window? "
>>option is TRUE)
>>the new compose windows doesn't appear
>>and IE report this error
>>
>>       Error
>>       A Runtime Error has occurred.
>>       Do you wish to Debug?
>>
>>       Line: 0
>>       Error: Object expected
>>

>This error message doesn't help at all. Maybe the javascript in the
>onclick attribute of the compose icon has an error, or the javascript
>file that contains the function called in this link hasn't been loaded.
>But that's all stabbing in the dark.
>
>Jan.

Could be, but I don't think! Comparing the javascript resourses of the
page messesages.php when the link work with
the same page  when it doesn't work, I don't find any difference!

Moreover if  I set the bowser with an http proxy server to access the
webmail interface,  it work  without the error

In the MS support repor i found this note:

    <<*NOTE*: The problem is not as apparent when you programmatically
set the *location.href* property,
        but it can still occur for longer, more complex scripts..>>

Personally I'm not sure is this the case but what's else ?

Thanks however.

e.