[imp] over-quota deletions

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Jul 5 21:22:26 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> Quoting Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:
>
>> Okay... how do I enable that ? I can't seem to find an option to set
>> that up...
>
> Its only in the HEAD branch.  I was looking for documentation for exactly how
> its supposed to behave a few week back, but didn't get any responses.
>  Initial
> enhancement request and patch at http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=1082.

Documentation lite: Virtual Trash is essentially a saved search that
does away for the need for a separate Trash folder.  Instead of moving
messages to a centralized trash folder, messages are simply marked as
deleted in the current folder they live in.  When 'show deleted
messages' is turned off, this results in these messages not appearing
in a mailbox view.  When a user clicks on Virtual Trash, IMP searches
*all* mailboxes for messages that are flagged deleted and displays all
these messages in a single mailbox.

michael