[imp] newbie questions

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Jul 6 03:08:08 PDT 2005

> Zitat von pcha at uniting.com.au:
>
>> So ... can someone advise me whether imp can do multiple users,
>> each with capacity do pull mail from (user defined) mail boxes, and
>> possibly have more than one identify defined?  Or, if imp can't do it,
>> does anyone know of a product that can?
>
> It can.
>
> Jan.

And here's how.  FWIW, this is exactly the same setup I run at home,
for many of
the same reasons you list.

Create one or more accounts in some authentication backend and configure Horde
to use that.  In your case, since you're looking for a sealed system in one
sense, it may make sense to create them in the horde_user table of a database
but thats up to you.  Under Options, setup one or more identities that match
the existing addresses you already have.  Under IMP, setup one or more
fetchmail accounts that are configured to login to your mail server and
retrieve mail.  For maximum usefulness, I find it helpful to download all mail
to my own local IMAP server, as my ISP only provides POP3.

Now, when you reply to a message, if you have an identity setup for that
address, it will automagically use that address and configure for any
replies. And for any new messages, you'll just need to choose the
identity you want to
use.

Kevin

--