[imp] country flags

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jul 8 10:11:32 PDT 2005

Quoting Graeme Wood <Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk>:

> I have found that having the display of country flags in message headers can
> cause a significant slowdown in message display. This happens if the reverse
> lookup of the originating IP address fails.  In such messages you can be
> waiting for up to a minute for the message to be display e.g. all Jan
> Schneider's messages ;-)
>
> Since the flags, while pretty, don't actually perform any function, I
> think it
> should be possible to turn these off with a configuration setting.  The
> attached patch should provide that for IMP 4.0.3.

Can you please create an enhancement ticket with a patch against HEAD,
instead of 4.0.x, on bugs.horde.org? That way this won't get lost.
Thanks.

> It would also be useful, to me at least, if the IMAP server string
> intialisation function in lib/IMP.php and lib/MIMP.php added a
> /user=<current username> string to the server string. This would help
> those of us who use Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication to our IMAP
> servers. I can make patches available, though it is pretty obvious
> what is required here. It would mean one less thing that I have to
> patch locally whenever I upgrade.

Again, an enhancement ticket (a different one) with patches against
HEAD would be good. Also some background - why is it necessary, is it
only necessary for Kerberos/GSSAPI, does it affect other servers, etc?

-chuck

Quincy Adams