[imp] Can't send mail suddenly with IMP 3.2.1/Horde 2.2.3

Mannel Chan mannel at lokysoft.com
Sun Jul 10 11:23:20 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I've setup a webmail server running IMP for years and it has been running very well......until a few days ago. It suddenly stopped sending any email. Everything seems to work properly, even when I try to compose an email, it shows no problem at all. But the mail actually isn't sent. I dug into the Apache log and found a strange error message that I've never seen before...

/usr/sbin/sendmail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It seems like Sendmail suddenly can't found the BerkeleyDB library. But I'm sure this is not the case, they've been working very well for a long time. I can still send mail using POP3 and IMAP clients. I've tried to run "ldconfig" to update the cache. I've tried to compile both Sendmail and BerkeleyDB again, also tried to switch back to older version of BerkeleyDB. Still have no luck...... Btw the server is running Redhat Linux 7.3, Apache 2.0.54, Sendmail 8.13.4, BerkeleyDB 4.3.28, MySQL 3.23.58, PHP 4.3.11, OpenSSL 0.9.7g, MailScanner 4.43.8, Horde 2.2.3, IMP 3.2.1. Anyone can help me out?

Mannel