[imp] A Question about POP3 server and POP3 driver

peng peng at orinno.com
Mon Jul 18 17:05:58 PDT 2005

I only have a POP3 server, so I want to use imp to access POP3 Server
directly. But I am afraid that POP3 Server may be not efficient. Does it
support  "TOP" command? --- If my POP3 Server support it.

If I use UW IMAP server, I want to use POP3 driver, because to use other
drivers to access my mail dataBase may be a little difficult. At least I
have not achieved it. So I want to know, Accessing to my POP3 Server
directly or Accessing UW IMAP Server (it use POP3 driver to communicate with
my POP3 Server, but it makes IMAP transformed), which method will be much
efficient?

Thanks very much!