[imp] Virtual INBOX and Trash weirdness

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Jul 19 10:59:07 PDT 2005

> Quoting Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:
>
>> 1) Even though I don't currently have a Virtual INBOX setup, one (actually
>> five!) are showing up in the Virtual Folders.  With the Virtual Trash, there
>> are three folders with a name of Virtual Trash.
>
> Your preferences are out of date, or were at some point. Make sure
> prefs.php.dist is up to date, log out, then log in and delete the
> extras. They shouldn't come back.
>
>> 3) If I delete a message without reading it, when using Virtual Trash, the
>> unread message count is incorrect in any view that displays the number of
>> messages in a folder.  For instance, the left sidebar is currently
>> showing 36
>> unread messages.  But there are no unread messages in that folder
>> that aren't
>> deleted.
>
> Sounds like a bug.

It's a limit of imap_status() - it only returns the unseen deleted
messages without regard to whether they are flagged deleted or not.
THe only way around this is to list the flags of every message in every
mailbox to get an accurate count - a bad solution.

Maybe a better solution is, if using Virtual Trash, then when the
messages are deleted they are marked as seen.

michael