[imp] upgrade from IMP3 -> IMP4 : serious performance hit

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Wed Jul 20 10:12:25 PDT 2005

I should probably mention that after my earlier reply, I went back and
found a setting that made a *huge* difference on our installation.

Setting $conf['server']['sort_limit'] to anything other than '0' (I went
with 100) caused load to drop from between 10.0-15.0 to about 1.3.

I thought I'd put that out there in case anybody else missed that very
important setting.

-mp