[imp] mass addressbook imports?

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Wed Jul 20 11:08:53 PDT 2005

We're trying to migrate from Infinite (Captaris) webmail (or Mobile
Delivery if you like) and we need to migrate all the address books
over to the new system.  Once we figure out how to massage the data
into CSV files is there a way to import the data into imp's personal
address book on a per-user basis?  We use Cyrus IMAP and user
accounts are generated on the fly... would it make sense to maybe
have a first-login hook that would check a common directory for a csv
file with the user's name on it and import it automatically?  Or is
there a better way to do it?