[imp] unusual $_prefs['add_source'] behavior w/o prefs backend.

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Jul 22 09:09:13 PDT 2005

I have a new installation (this morning's cvs) with no prefs backend
and am configuring as many default prefs as possible before setting it
up.  Everything was working as expected until I chose a default address
book for adding contacts.

$_prefs['add_source'] = array(
    'value' => 'personal',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

It was stubbornly tried to add them to the users dn that I have named
Corporate address book.  I could not get it to work and could not
figure out why it was choosing to not use personal.  While going
through sources.php, I realized that the Corporate configuration was
before the personal one and decided to switch them and much to my
surprise and with no other changes it works an utilizes the correct
ldap structure.

It would appear that the 'value' => 'personal' is being substituted by
the first configuration in sources.php.  This is the first time I've
seen this because I have never configured without a prefs backend.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

ed