[imp] Horde/IMP causing too many open files error?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jul 25 00:42:34 PDT 2005

Zitat von kareemy <kareemy at gmail.com>:

> I checked the access_log and noticed a possible suspicious entry.
>
> XXX - - [23/Jul/2005:07:26:19 -0500] "GET
> /horde/imp/login.php?url=%2Fhorde%2Fservices%2Fportal%2Fsidebar.php%3Fhttpclient%3D1%26amp%3Bnocache%3D74gi8y491ns4
> HTTP/1.1" 200 2856
>
> The same IP address kept performing GET requests on this same url for
> several days with about 5 minute intervals. The only difference in the
> url were the final 11 characters appeared to change randomly. I
> believe that constant berage caused the Too many open files error. The
> horde_log file shows tons of
>
> Jul 23 03:54:55 HORDE [notice] [imp] XXX  [on line 31 of
> "/horde/imp/login.php"]
>
> lines.
>
> I am having trouble deciphering the GET request. I haven't seen any
> url formed that way at all before in my log files. Would the horde or
> imp ever normally construct such a url? Under what circumstances?

This URL is requested if a client that is not (or no longer) logged in
tries to refresh the sidebar in the background. I guess it's some
browser kept open while the user left his computer. With a frequency of
one request per 5 minutes this shouldn't cause any problems though.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/