[imp] Problems with From field

Christoph Eicke cei at inmedias.it
Mon Aug 1 05:39:06 PDT 2005

Hi!

I have just installed IMP and trying to figure things out. The last problem I
seem to have is that the From: field in an outgoing e-mail is not set
correctly.
My scenario is the following: users authenticate to horde directly over imp,
that is directly to the POP3 server. However the username is not the same as
the e-mail user part because I am on a virtual host environment.
The e-mail address is christoph at geisterstunde.org, but in the From: field it
says web2p1 at geisterstunde.org which is the login name, but christoph is an
alias to it. How can I change that?
Also it seems that IMP is not obeying the identities I have set up in the
horde_prefs table. Identities and everything else inserted into the "Options"
page of the IMP users page is also not displayed there, even though it is in
the db.

Thanks,
Christoph