[imp] Upgrading blues

Marco Robertini marco.robertini at id.unibe.ch
Wed Aug 3 01:31:21 PDT 2005

Hello Roger

I'm just in the process of updating my horde environment to H3 as
well. I have installed everything from scratch and then made the
necessary adjustments to the new files. Maybe my considerations prove
to be helpful for your installation.

Until now, I have been running on the following System:
Horde: 2.2.5
IMP: 3.2.5
Turba: 1.2.2
Forwards: 2.2
Vacation: 2.2

Am 03.08.2005 um 09:17 schrieb Roger Thomas:

> I am running
> Horde: 2.2.1
> IMP: 3.2
> Vacation: 2.2
> Turba: 1.2
> Kronolith: 1.1
> Mnemo: 1.1
>
> with openldap 2.0.25 backend.
>
> All these have been serving my community for quite a while now. No
> complaints. Thanks to the Horde Team. But I am very tempted to
> upgrade everything to the H3 suite.
>
> I am thinking of creating something like mail2.example.com and let
> the community have a go at it and report back anything weird; if any.
>
> However, my *biggest concern* is on the horde.schema file. do I
> just replace the old schema with a the new version that comes with H3?

As I said, I installed everything new. Can't give you any help on
that one.

> What about mySQL tables? For example Turba address book.

First, you have to upgrade your MySQL-DB to horde 3. This can be done
with the help of the script found in .../[horde]/scripts/upgrades/
2.2_to_3.0.mysql.sql.
Somehow, the table "horde_datatree_seq" is not created initially, but
the first time it's accessed from within horde. Therefore the horde
user of the MySQL-DB would need the right to create tables. Because
mine doesn't, I had to alter the script to create the table along
with al the others by adding:

CREATE TABLE horde_datatree_seq (id INTEGER UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT
NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(id));
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON horde_datatree_seq TO
horde at localhost;

I also had some problems with the last_login entry. Horde 3 would not
recognize or set the new date. So I just deleted all the last_login
entries in the new database and then it worked fine.

For Turba, you'll find an update script in ../[horde]//turba/scripts/
upgrades/1.2_to_2.0.mysql.sql. It will migrate the old Turba entries
in your MySQL-DB to the new format of Turba 2.0.

This worked fine. All the entries were converted.

> I would appreciate if someone that have done this before can
> provide some guidance plus other gotchas that I should be aware of.
> Please advise. TIA.

Are you going to migrate Vacation to Ingo as well? If you are, be
aware, that you have to generate a .procmailrc file with the vacation
rule AND a MySQL entry. Otherwise Ingo will not know that there is a
rule. It does not read the .procmailrc but only
the MySQL entry!

Well I hope, this was at least some help

kind regards
Marco

  --
University of Bern