[imp] Fetching mail

pcha@uniting.com.au pcha at uniting.com.au
Fri Aug 5 18:01:16 PDT 2005

Friends,

This is a repost of a message that I sent recently, but it did not elicit
any responses.  I would be grateful if someone could point me in the
right direction on this one ...

I seem to be unable to fetch mail from other accounts within IMP.
If I point my servers.php to allow me to access this remote
mailbox, I can access mail.  But setting it up as an account
within IMP, it fails to authenticate; there is nothing in the
logs, however.

I do not have the program 'fetchmail' installed.  Do I need it, or
is the 'fetch mail' within IMP independent of this?

If anyone can shed some light on this situation, I would
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Paul Chandler
pcha at uniting.com.au