[imp] Dynamically choosing server via e-mail address in login screen.

Anant S Athavale asa at isac.ernet.in
Fri Aug 12 04:03:35 PDT 2005

I/We have a requirement like this.

We are running two web servers called isacmail1 and isacmail2.  We have
divided
the users into 2 servers.  LDAP has an attribute called servername, which will
have a value of isacmail1 or isacmail2.  The users who have isacmail1 as the
servername will be allowed to login to isacmail1 only and similarly for
isacmail2.  The mailboxes will be in their respective servers, that way they
are independent systems.  Both have the same copy of LDAP (master/slave).  The
sql tables are also independent.  ie. isacmail1 contains data of only
isacmail1
users in the sql tables.

I would like to have a another system, where user types in login and password
and the system should automatically take the user to isacmail1 or isacmail2
depending on the value of attribute servername of LDAP (directly to INBOX of
that system).

Presently, we are asking for only username in the third server and after
checking the username from LDAP we are pointing the user to the correct server
where he has to type username and password.

What Jan is telling in this mail may be relevant to me.  But, if somebody can
give me PHP code to that, I will be greatful.

Regards,
Anant.