[imp] imp server.php, the folder option is being ignored?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Mon Aug 15 11:04:15 PDT 2005

Quoting Jim Ward <seker at uwyo.edu>:

> used the new servers.php file, I still get all the other directories
> outside of mail.  I looked for the announcement and couldn't find it (it
> monday... so I may just just missed it).
>
> If the folders=>'mail/' has been removed as a option, then is there
> anywhere it can be set?  if so, where?  Since I spent the last hour
> looking.  If I have to do this in imapd ( IMAP4rev1 2004.357 what I'm
> using), then how, since I can't find any documentation to tell me how.

The 'folders' parameter no longer exists.  If running UW IMAP and you
want the default namespace to *not* include the user's base directory,
you need to recompile the imapd and define the default namespace in the
imap c code.  There is documentation on how to do this in the docs
folder of the c-client distribution.  (as a side note, the folders
parameter was really a client-side workaround we've had for years for
something that should instead be configured on the server-side.)

michael