[imp] Problem connecting to IMAP with IMP

Thomas Tarpin-Lyonnet bartleby at t-bart.net
Tue Aug 16 03:51:55 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have some problems to connect to my IMAP server. I'm running a Fedora 4 system
and installed UW IMAP.
I can't connect to my imap server. When i try the test script from IMP for
testing the connection to IMAP, i get the following messages:
Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection parameters for your
server:

    * Trying protocol imap, Port 143:

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

Array
(
    [0] => Can't connect to 127.0.0.1,143: Permission denied
)

    * Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

Array
(
    [0] => Can't connect to 127.0.0.1,143: Permission denied
)

Though my imap server is running and the ports are correctly set.
But if i do a telnet on imap port, i can connect to my imap server. Why i can't
with IMP ?
ex:
[root at web config]# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS
LOGINDISABLED] web.t-bart.net IMAP4rev1 2004.357 at Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:31:51
+0800 (SGT)

Anybody has an idea where my problem is ?

Horde config:
* Horde: 3.0.5
* PHP Version: 5.0.4
For php modules, everything is green except mcrypt that i didnt install.
For PEAR everything is green expect File that i cant install.

IMP config:
* Imp: H3 (4.0.3)
* IMAP Support: Yes
* OpenSSL Support: Yes
* file_uploads enabled: Yes
* config/conf.php: Yes
* config/mime_drivers.php: Yes
* config/prefs.php: Yes
* config/servers.php: Yes
* PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
/var/www/html/horde/lib:.:/usr/share/pear
* PEAR: Yes
* Recent PEAR: Yes
* HTTP_Request: Yes

Thanks and regards,