[imp] Can't connect to IMAP with IMP

Thomas Tarpin-Lyonnet bartleby at t-bart.net
Thu Aug 18 02:31:03 PDT 2005

> Zitat von Thomas Tarpin-Lyonnet <bartleby at t-bart.net>:
>
> > I still didn't manage to connect to my imap server with imp ...
> > Does anybody has an idea of what my problem is ?
> > Could it be because of php 5 ?
> > Could it be a bug in IMP because of php 5 ?
>
> No, it's exactly what the error message says. It can't login.

Actually the problem was: imp was not even able to connect to imap. Before login
you need a successful connection. Then it was not able to login, agree.

> > Here are the logs generated in /tmp/horde.log :
> > Aug 17 17:34:26 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 203.92.73.195 to
> > 127.0.0.1:143[
> > imap/notls] as bartleby [on line 247 of
> > "/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.ph
> > p"]
> > Aug 17 17:34:26 HORDE [notice] [imp] 203.92.73.195 failed [on line 31
> > of "/var/w
> > ww/html/horde/imp/login.php"]
> > There is nothing in apache logs ...
>
> But probably in the mail server logs.

Not even in the mail server logs, that's why it was a bit tricky.

> Jan.

I identified the issue. Maybe it could be useful for others to know:
I did disable SELinux (Fedora 4 distrib) but i didn't reboot the system, that
was my mistake. It seemed that SELinux was not allowing any application to use
any service. Disabling it without rebooting is not enough.
Something to know: if you disable SELinux you need to reboot your system to
enable the changes. After rebooting, it was working nicely at the first try.
Anyway, congrats. This release of horde framework is simply amazing, i was
already using the previous one (2.2.6) for 1 year but i can say that between
the two versions it's the day and night. Simply great work !!

Thomas