[imp] Head version from a few minutes ago,

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Aug 22 15:14:29 PDT 2005

Quoting falz <darkfalz at gmail.com>:

> On 8/22/05, falz <darkfalz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:
>> > Quoting "Edwin L. Culp" <eculp at encontacto.net>:
>> > i can confirm that the new code *does* work with multiple namespaces (I
>> > am currently using dovecot-dev and have two namespaces - my base
>> > namespace with the prefix '' and a testing namespace with the prefix
>> > '#test.').  So now it is just a matter of determining why the full
>> > folder names are not being correctly created on your system while they
>> > appear to be correctly created on my system.
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestions, Michael.  I don't know where to go from
>> here.  All my configurations are default values, I am ereasing prefs to
>> be sure there are no problems with previous values.  I have tried with
>> namespace as (''), without namespace definition and even added a test
>> namespace that wasn't recognized.  I can't get enough information to
>> understand why and/or where it isn't working.
>>
>> Is anyone working happily with courier and the current head version of
>> IMP?  I would appreciate knowing what your servers.php looks like.
>
> I'm using courier and horde HEAD and am having the exact same issue
> that you are having. I'm running this on an a test server, as I'm
> looking to migrate a horde 2.x install to 3.x. On my particular
> machine, I have a 3.0.4 install of horde as well as a HEAD version.
> I've only had HEAD checked out since last week, but with it, I've
> always had this "cannot see folders" issue, so I'm unsure how long the
> problem has existed.
>
> Here is my servers.php:
>
> ================================
> $servers['imap'] = array(
>    'name' => 'localhost',
>    'server' => 'localhost',
>    'hordeauth' => 'full',
>    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
>    'port' => 143,
>    'maildomain' => 'example.com',
>    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
>    'smtpport' => 25,
>    'realm' => '',
>    'preferred' => '',
>    'quota' => array(
>        'driver' => 'courier',
>        'params' => array()
>    ),
>    'dotfiles' => false
> );
> ================================

My current configuration, that I think is correct.  It is copied from
the latest servers.php.dist and only with the server changed, IIRC.

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => 'full',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'maildomain' => '',
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    'dotfiles' => false,
);

Everything else should be automatic, now.  I just sent Michael a print
of my namespace.

> Something to note, I did have this line in after "port" at one point:
>
>    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
>
> But as of this morning I've removed it (is this setting deprecated?
> must be, I haven't read list to find out).

As I understand it, yes, it is deprecated.

> This makes no difference in how I can see folders. I cannot see them
> when I click the "folders" imp icon, but I can see them under
> preferences in the dropdown when I choose my sent-mail folder.

Can you see them in the pop-up in imp -> options -> Personal
Information in the dropdown at the very bottom for choosing the
sent-mail folder ?

I can and that is the only place.

Thanks,

ed