[imp] [IMP] Issue Forwarding Messages with large attachments.

MNSi Customer Service - Nicolas MacPherson nickm at mnsi.net
Tue Aug 23 15:20:43 PDT 2005

Hello,

    My IMP3 install has been giving me grief lately.  When a customer of
mine attempts to forward an e-mail with a large attachment it starts,
then it suddenly just dies and doesn't go through.  The only thing I
have changed lately is that I have moved the Horde/Imp install to a
different server and it now uses a remote SMTP machine for mail
sending.  Before it was on the SMTP box, but I have moved it.  I'm
thinking it may have something to do with a timeout since it now is
relaying all the info to the remote machine for sending... but I'm not
sure what files/settings I should be adjusting to get around this
issue.  Hopefully can someone provide me a little additional insight
into what may be causing this.  The two servers are connected to the
same switch, so the data transfer shouldn't be that much slower.

Thank you for any assistance that may be offered.

Nicolas MacPherson
nickm at mnsi.net