[imp] choosing imap server automatically

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Aug 24 08:08:10 PDT 2005

I have users spread across multiple IMAP servers.  Instead of presenting users
with drop-down box to manually choose the server, is there a hook or something
in IMP that I can use to lookup what IMAP server from servers.php should be
choosen based on the username?  I've got table with list of users and IMAP
servers they belong to in the database (so it would be trivial to look it up
from PHP).  The idea is to not present the server drop-down list at all.

Looking at IMP, there doesn't seem to be such hook.

Looking at Horde, there is _horde_hook_preauthenticate that I could
theoretically use, but don't know what variable (if any) could be set for IMP
to pick it up.  Horde is using IMP for authentication, so I don't know if this
hook would be called at all (well, I could change it to IMAP authentication and
get similar thing, but then I'll need to get both IMP and Horde to go to the
right IMAP server).