[imp] Fwd: question regarding programming IMP

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Aug 24 12:50:43 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from aquarian_dy at yahoo.com -----
    Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:09:05 -0700 (PDT)
    From: Andy Credo Sibuea <aquarian_dy at yahoo.com>
Subject: question regarding programming IMP
      To: chuck at horde.org

Dear Chuck,

Sorry for bothering. I am curently have IMP and Horde
installed on my system.

I have a web-based system. And currently I want to
make include IMP and Horde to the system. I would like
to make an automatic login to IMP once a user login to
my system.

I did pass the user name and password of my system to
Horde (both store MD5 password). It works. I can login
to Horde automatically if I login to my system. But
then I still can't login to IMP. Because I do not know
which source code to be edited. I know how IMP do
encryption and decryption to password submitted by
user. Is IMP only passing the inputted username & password
to mail server? In what form? I mean: plain,
IMP-encrypted, or MD5?

Or IMP do the comparison of inputted username&password
with the one stored somewhere in database, or text, or
else?

I would like to get some clue of what can be done to
acchieve my intention.

Thank you very much for your help Chuck.

=Andy=

http://mail.yahoo.com ----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

Quincy Adams