[imp] IMP through Apache proxy

Per Nothagen per3 at triacon.se
Fri Sep 9 06:09:28 PDT 2005

I have been trying to make IMP work through a Apache proxy. As long as I run it
on our local subnet it works well but when I access it from Internet it fails
because all links and forms are written as absolute URLs including protocol
(https:), domainname and path. This fails since name of the the IMP host is not
available from internet.

I have seen posts in this matter before and they say that the hostname used on
the internet shall be set into some configuration parameters. This will not
work well since it will cause accesses from clients on our local net will have
to go out on the internet and back again and the firewall blocks such traffic.

The simplest solution would be to configure IMP to send relative paths. I have
though not found any way to do that. Does anyone know if it is possible?

Thank you in advance,
Per