[imp] reporting spam

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Fri Sep 23 09:05:32 PDT 2005

Is it possible to disable the "report spam" link for specific
mailservers?  Right now we are front-ending about 15 mailservers, one
central server for the entire campus and 14 departmental servers.
However, our spam bounce system (using _imp_hook_spam_bounce) is only
set up to deal with spam from users of the main server.  Spam reports
from users logged into the other servers are not only irrelevant
(they wouldn't help the users of the other servers) but they could be
potentially damaging if the user who logs in to one of the satellite
servers happens to have the same user ID as a person who logs into
the central server.

Maybe it would help if there was an additional field in servers.php
that pointed to a spam reporting address or server and if the entry
is blank then the "report spam" link doesn't appear... the function
is irrelevant if the server the user is logged into doesn't have spam
reporting capabilities anyway (which most here do not).  But we need
to be able to have the reporting function on the central server so I
can't just turn it off.