[imp] Screen Readers (Was Re: IMP with screen readers)

imp-archive@cloud9.net imp-archive at cloud9.net
Fri Oct 7 09:31:44 PDT 2005

I noticed this e-mail from my archives of a couple of months ago.

I have a user who has had substantial difficulty using Window-Eyes
with IMP4-H3 but didn't have trouble when using IMP3.  I wonder if anyone
has had luck in fixing this compatibility issue?

--
Mark P. Hennessy

Quoting Bill Graham <grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com>:

> Has anyone used or modified IMP or MIMP to work well with screen
> readers for the visually impaired like Jaws or WindowEyes ? Is there
> any interest in pursuing such a solution ?

We do a lot to be standards compliant, but there are probably things
especially in IMP that require JavaScript in ways that need to be fixed
for screen readers. There's always interest in being more accessible if
you are interested in testing and sending patches.

-chuck

Quincy Adams