[imp] Problem with debian Sarge + Courier IMAP

Lord Apollyon implist at paypc.com
Wed Oct 12 01:00:09 PDT 2005

Quoting Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk>:

> Pardon me, but php4-imap in debian 3.1-sarge is built with cclient:
>
> Package: php4-imap
> Depends: libc-client2002edebian, [...]
>
> Package: libc-client2002edebian
> Version: 7:2002edebian1-11

He didn't say that support was not compiled, but rather the build was BROKEN
in some way.  It's possible that the compile flags/settings used in the Sarge
builds affected functionality which has impacted you.

I find that building c-client *WITH* SSL support and with otherwise "standard"
settings for "slx" (Slackware) or whatever makes sense for PAM if Debian uses
PAM and then statically linking it to the PHP with a configure parametre
always works without any drama.

Good luck,
=R=