[imp] memcached sessions

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Thu Oct 13 02:29:04 PDT 2005

--On Wednesday, October 12, 2005 12:55:08 AM -0600 Michael M Slusarz
<slusarz at mail.curecanti.org> wrote:

Mike, thanks for your answer...

>> does someone use the memcached session handle? Is it stable, or are
>> there problems with it?
>
> its pretty much untested.  but it isn't tremendously complicated so
> potential debugging should not be that difficult.

I have it running now since 2 days and it seems to do its job without
problems.

>> How exactly is it implemented?
>
> read the comments at the top of
> framework/SessionHandler/SessionHandler/memcached.php

Ok I looked at this, and made a small change in order to have persistent
connections
to the memcached deamon. The patch is attached to this message.

>> Can one use several memcached servers lets say on each machine from a
>> Horde/IMP cluster?
>
> this is probably best answered by looking at the memcached documentation.

I see. The pecl memcache implementation (which is used by Horde) doesn't
support
multiple servers as for example the perl-API does.
(see  <http://www.danga.com/memcached/>  under "Porting the Application"
and the
perl-API from CPAN ).
So I have to run it on a single server and don't have any redundancy for
that in our cluster.

Thanks again
   Didi

--