[imp] memcached sessions

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Thu Oct 13 04:08:25 PDT 2005

--On Thursday, October 13, 2005 06:24:07 AM -0400 "Kevin M. Myer"
<kevin_myer at iu13.org> wrote:

>> Ok I looked at this, and made a small change in order to have
>> persistent connections
>> to the memcached deamon. The patch is attached to this message.
>
> Should this be a config option for the memcached driver, instead of
> hard coded? I had implemented it as a config option locally.

Ok, your right I'll take a look at it this evening.

> Support for multiple servers can be coded into the SessionHandler code.
>   I took
> a crack at it last night and it seems to work, except for if multiple
> servers are specified and a server is down, so I've got at least one bug
> somewhere, maybe more :)

Could you share that code?
How about doing the writes to all the server (which are available) and
doing the
reads from one randomly picked (if the server is not available or has not
the
desired info, try the next).

Didi

--