[imp] Multiple IMAP accounts

Sauro Saltini saltini at shc.it
Fri Oct 14 11:04:59 PDT 2005

Hi, everyone.

I have installed Horde with LDAP backend to manage both Horde and Samba
accounts and all works very well.

Now the probem is simple:

Is it possible to store in horde (eg in user preferences) the logon data
to access various IMAP mailboxes without having to type in mailbox
username & password each time ?

I know that is possible to use horde username/password to access the
default user IMP mailbox but in this case our users have to manage
multiple separated IMAP boxes (fetching mail from other boxes with IMP
"fetchmail accounts" is not an option, because many users access the
same mailbox and we don't want to have multiple copies of each message
in each user's mailbox).

A clear scheme of what we need is the behaviour of phpGroupware mail app:

- a user logs to phpGroupware
- defines and stores various mailbox "profiles" (servername,login,pw)
- then from the mail interface the different mailboxes can be switched
using an account listbox.

but....we like IMP much more and we also need Turba as contact manager
due to it's advanced LDAP addressbooks capabilities....

Many thanks in advance.

Sauro Saltini.