[imp] concurrent session support

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Wed Oct 19 10:18:48 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:

> Has anyone successfully implemented a multi-server horde setup using
> mysql sessions?  I've just upgraded to the latest version of imp,
> which I was hoping would solve the "requested message not found"
> problem that was attributed to concurrent sessions with sql backends
> that may not support locking.  Unfortunately it doesn't.  Not being a
> mySQL DBA I have no idea how to check if my installation does or
> doesn't support locking.  All I know is that I need to fix this
> problem because a LOT of users are complaining about it.  Can anyone
> share how they solved/avoided this problem?
>
> I know some places use memcached as their common session backend.
> Can anyone share any insight on how they set that up and how well it
> works in a multi-front-end environment?

We have a multi-sever installation here (cvs HEAD) and experience the
same problems.
We just recently switched from mysql-session-backend to the
memcached-backend but the "requested message not found" is still
present. Besides of that the memcached-backend works without problems.
Our multiserver installation uses also sticky connection, so that a
client gets always connected to the same server within a
browser-session.
I would also be very much interested in a solution.

Didi

--
Didi Rieder
adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at