[imp] Narrow text area field for compose in H3-4.0.4

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Oct 20 09:23:56 PDT 2005

>> Since it's such a fundamental setting for composing messages, perhaps a
>> minimum or default should be present if none is configured?
>
> No. We have enough trouble catching user, backend, and system errors.
> We don't want to catch admin errors too.
>
> Jan.

I have thought of writing something to do this, so I can catch errors
exactly as Joaquim described.  It would be a useful script for any
conversion process (e.g. X.0 -> X.1 upgrade) or if tracking HEAD
changes, so you could periodically check to see if new prefs were
added, and would essentially compare a prefs.php.dist with an existing
prefs.php and list the array elements that have been added (new or
changed names), and the ones that have been removed (deprecated).
Essentially, it would amount to doing a diff of the preference array
elements for each application.  Since someone else might find it
useful, that might be motivation enough for me to give it a shot.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator