[imp] Possible to display shared folders in left sidebar?

Mathias Hoeschen maze at scientist.com
Sat Oct 22 11:09:40 PDT 2005

Hello,

as this is my first post to this list, first of all thanks to the developers of this great piece of software!

After installation and several days of configuration, reading the manuals, FAQs, mailing lists and the bug database there's one question still open for me. I know there were several discussions about shared folders not long time ago. But I couldn't find anything answering my question.

Everything works fine so far, I can see the shared INBOX of another user under #shared in the drop-down list (top right of the screen). It's also possible to access these shared folder without any problem. But the shared folder never appears in the left main menu (you call it sidebar I think). Only the folders of the logged in user are visible there (INBOX, sent-mail). Is it possible to display the shared folders there also? If yes, can you please give me a hint what needs to be done to show them up there?

$servers['imap'] = array(
     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
     'server' => 'mail.x.de',
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
     'port' => 143,
     'folders' => '',
     'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
     'maildomain' => 'x.de',
     'smtphost' => 'mail.x.de',
     'smtpport' => 25,
     'realm' => '',
     'preferred' => '',
     'quota' => array ('driver' => 'courier', 'params' => array()),
     'acl' => array( 'driver' => 'rfc2086'),
     'dotfiles' => false,
     'hierarchies' => array('#shared.')
);

It does not make any difference if namespace is set to '', but then nothing gets saved in the sent-mail folder. If hierarchies is set to '' then the shared folders are not visible at all.

Horde   3.0.5
IMP     4.0.3
Courier IMAP 3.0.8
Apache  2.0.54