[imp] Searching an IMAP mail store with Imp [SOLVED]

James.Cort@u4eatech.com James.Cort at u4eatech.com
Wed Nov 2 01:12:02 PST 2005

I've figured out the problem, so I thought I'd post the solution here
in case anyone else has the same issue.

It appears that my IMAP server has been configured without support for
unicode. However, on my webmail server, Horde is trying to do
everything in unicode.  Therefore, a PHP imap_search with UTF-8
specified as the charset returns no results.

Solution: The clean solution is to rebuild my IMAP server with unicode
support.  The quick & dirty solution is to fudge the _imapSearch
function in horde/lib/Horde/IMAP/Search.php so it doesn't specify the
character set in the search.

James Cort.