[imp] Minor IMP/Horde upgrades

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Nov 10 08:44:03 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Stephen A. Cochran Lists wrote:

> Is there a best approach to applying the minor (dot) upgrades to
> horde/imp? Since I'm never sure what has changed and the entire
> system is repackaged, I end up going through the setup from scratch
> to make sure I don't miss anything.
>
> I'd love to hear how others do it.

I'm still running the old version of Horde2/IMP3 here, so I don't know if
this works in Horde3/IMP4.

I have a test virtualhost in apache.  I download the patch files and apply
them against the test virtualhost.  You have to watch out for any binary
files which are not included in the patch file (so far always language
files).  For those, I still apply the patch and then I copy the binary
files from the full .tar.gz of the release.  Just about all you have to
watch out for is any config file changes in the .dist file that you'll
need to mirror in your real config file.

After I test the changes in the test virtualhost, I move the test
virtualhost into production.

 	Andy