[imp] How to unify the passwords?

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Nov 15 02:25:10 PST 2005

Quoting "asiani at wanadoo.fr" <asiani at wanadoo.fr>:

> Hello,
>
> horde-3.0.6
> imp-h3-4.0.4
>
> How can i connect only once in horde and be automaticaly logged in imp... ?

Hi Alain

I assume that you can already login to horde with your chosen backend
and that you have chosen a backend that uses the same login/password
for IMP.  If so, you should be able to just set the hordeauth variable
to the correct value for your installation in imp/servers.php.

The following lines copied from the imp/servers.php file should explain it:

15  * hordeauth: If this parameter is present and true, then IMP will attempt
16  *            to use the user's existing credentials (the username/password
17  *            they used to log in to Horde) to log in to this
source. If this
18  *            parameter is 'full', the username will be used unmodified;
19  *            otherwise everything after and including the first @ in the
20  *            username will be stripped off before attempting
authentication.

I use ldap for hordeauth and 'full' with a courier imap backend for
imp. hope this helps,

ed

P.S. All the configuration files [ horde/conf and horde/*/conf/* ] in
horde are well commented.  I would suggest reading all in each module
before attempting installing/configuring.