[imp] How to unify the passwords?

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Nov 15 06:30:51 PST 2005

Quoting "asiani at wanadoo.fr" <asiani at wanadoo.fr>:

> Hello,
>
> when i change hordeauth to "full" or "true", horde.log says "login ok on
> mail server" but the
> webmail don't run ...
>
> cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-9

I've never used cyrus so I won't be any help here.

> openldap-servers-2.2.23-5
> horde-3.0.6
> imp-h3-4.0.4

I would try:
  * goto http://Yourtestsite.fr/horde/imp/test.php and at the bottom
    you will see a form that you can fill out "PHP IMAP Support Test"
    with basically the same backend info that you are using in
    servers.php and expect to get from setting the auth values to either
    full or true.

    Depending on your configuration you will see "success" on at least
    one of the tests.  Something like:
          * Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:

          SUCCESS - INBOX has 480 messages (25 new 0 recent)

    If you get that then your configuration is probably incorrect
    I suggest checking your log files to find where you are not
    getting the expected results from your configuration files.

    Once you find the error, you will probably be able to fix it
    but if not, post it to the list.

good luck,

ed