[imp] Users can't send mail.

Nick Peters nick.peters at candoltd.com
Mon Nov 28 11:24:36 PST 2005

Hello,

We have been running Horde and Imp for quite a while. However this past
week users couldn't send any mail from horde/imp. I have been searching
the net (google) for quite some time now and haven't come up with
anything. I also checked the horde and imp mailing lists archives. I did
find some messages that said my problem was cause by my mail server. The
error only happens when the user is trying to send mail. I am at the
point that I am temped to delete all of horde/imp and try from scratch.
At first i was getting this error:

HORDE [debug] [imp] unable to add recipient [my-test-email at fake.com]:
Invalid response code received from server [on line 939 of
"/usr/local/web/horde/imp/compose.php"]

So i thought that something was going wrong with our mail server.
However the qmail logs show nothing useful...and i have them turned to
debuging mode. After a few hours of tweaking and going over my settings
i got this error:

HORDE [debug] [imp] unable to authenticate to smtp server [on line 939
of "/usr/local/web/horde/imp/compose.php"]

The thing is, if i change the smtp server to one that doesn't require
authentication, I still get the error, which makes me think that it's a
horde/imp error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help that i get.

--
Nick Peters
IT Assistant