[imp] How to setup Imp to connect with exchange 2003

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Tue Nov 29 07:58:40 PST 2005

> Check the permissions of .../horde/test.php.

Owned by me, permissions of 644. I matched exactly what was there for
/horde/imp/test.php. The imp one works fine, the horde one displays a
blank page. I even tried setting the permissions to 777 and it doesn't
work.

> From .../horde/test.php you can get to .../horde/imp/test.php when you
click on the "run Imp tests"-link.

I just opened up the imp test.php, and I don't see anything as far as
testing any imap connections. All I see is this:

IMP Version

    * IMP: H3 (4.0.4)

Other Horde Applications

    * gollem: No
      Gollem provides access to local VFS filesystems to attach files.
    * ingo: No
      Ingo provides basic mail filtering capabilities to IMP.
    * nag: No
      Nag allows tasks to be directly created from e-mail data.
    * turba: No
      Turba provides addressbook/contacts capabilities to IMP.

PHP Version

    * View phpinfo() screen
    * View loaded extensions
    * PHP Version: 4.3.2
    * PHP Major Version: 4.3
    * PHP Minor Version: 2
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * You are running a supported version of PHP.

Am I missing an extension that would add the ability to test the
connection?

> On the testpage of IMP you have the posibility to test the IMAP
> connection to your Exchange Server. But you should at least know the
> port, servername etc. to connect to.

I know the ip address is 199.242.176.192 and that the name is
magneto.winnefox.org and that the port is 143, but that's all I know.

- jody