[imp] Server IP address changed now can't log into IMP

Jim Norton jimnorton at jimnorton.org
Sat Dec 3 12:14:48 PST 2005

Hello all,

I've had a working version of Horde 3.0.5 and IMP with authentication
through IMP using Cyrus SASL.
I moved my server to a new with a new IP address and now I get the
Horde login page and enter my login information and I always gets a
failed login message.

Now I know that my Cyrus SASL and IMAP server is working because I
can use Eudora ( an IMAP client ) to connect to my server and send
and receive email.

Any idea what I need to do to make this work?

The horde.log file shows this after a "failed" login:

Dec 03 12:11:54 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 71.193.144.102 to
midvalleyhosting.com:143[imap/notls] as jimnorton [on line 237 of
"/var/www/localhost/htdocs/horde-3.0.5/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

Thanks..
Jim Norton